Monday, December 11, 2006

A drum, a drum, Macbeth doth come.

Summer

The music from the Promenade floats by,
Looking at the ashen dying sky,
I see clouds and planes and stars
And headlights from lonely country cars.

The sun sets down the coast,
Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Are with me here tonight
Gone, somewhere far out of sight.

On the sands, we laugh and run,
Wishing to be forever young,
Losing each other in youthful bliss,
Ending in a longing kiss.

Music playing from the band,
Will you take my hand?
She asks and we dance,
For hours and hours in a trance.

The moon above darkened sky,
In the light I see her cry.
The water laps against the pier,
There is nothing more I can hear.

I stare forever at her face,
I hold her tight in my embrace.

And, far, far away down the sand,
I can hear the music of the band.

i really like this poem, i was just fooling around one day and BAM! it came out. i really like the rhyming scheme and the rhythm, it's pretty cool i think, even if it's not the most well written piece. i'm not going to show this at the Club or with mom. i don't know, there's just something too personal about it, i'm not sure what, i mean it's great and all that, but i'm not sure i'm ready, or if i'm ever going to show. there is, of couse, the off chance of a girlfriend reading this sometime in the future, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, shall we?

No comments: