Thursday, December 20, 2007

Season's Cheer

Today was a depressing day not because of what occurred in the classroom, but rather because of the events outside of it. Trust me, there have already been many depressing day inside the classroom.

Simply put, I've been unceremoniously dumped from the newspaper. And I've had enough of it. I'm not coming back to it. It's not worth it, spending all that time desperately trying to repair bonds that have long since been shattered. Repairing those bonds doesn't even guarantee that I would be editor anyway.

I love to write, but I hate the bullshit bureaucracy that abounds in the world. I've lived it first hand. Yes, I know I don't devote an exorbitant amount of time towards the newspaper. I don't have that kind of time. Look at the number of activities I'm engaged in: three sports, quizbowl, chorus, etc. Yes the newspaper is important, but simply because I have so many other activities, it can't be number one. And even if I didn't have the activities it wouldn't be number one. I lied earlier this year about that and it seems more absurd every time I play it over in my head.

I'm tired of spending my valuable time editing articles only to have some half-wits who I never even see take the title that is rightfully mine. I'm tired of people constantly asking me for updates and then forgetting what I've told them in five minutes. I'm tired of having to be at someone's beck and call. I'm tired of sucking up to a bullshit senior who suddenly decides to arbitrarily flex her power because she didn't get in to Yale. And I'm tired of a puppet adviser who merely acquiesces to what this person says. I don't care if this affects what college I go to (it probably won't). This is a matter of principle: I will never work under someone who is unfair and biased, someone who inflates their ego, someone who attempts to push me around. Sounds like a large majority of people in this world. If my work won't be appreciated here then I will go elsewhere to fulfill it where I am certain if my employers are more reasonable and fair, they will receive my best efforts.

Second order of business: my lost wallet. I don't even know what to say about this except it's incredibly disconcerting to continue losing things. Maybe someday I will learn how to keep hold of my things. Maybe.

Why I worry so much about these things is beyond me. The world is full of shitty people and Piingry is no exception. They can pretend to be giants and people of importance at this school, but time will reveal all. I am certain there will come a day when justice is served: when these people will meet their match or fail. And then they will see what wretches they were and currently are and desperately try to make amends for all their stupidities and harm they have caused. But it will be too late. What's done is done.

No comments: